Welcome to the Lawrence Community Music School!
Founded in 1874, the Community Music School is a nonprofit division of Lawrence University that provides music-making opportunities to individuals of all ages and abilities in Northeast Wisconsin. Visit our Musical Opportunities page for more information on each of our programs, including private lessons, classes, ensembles, and more.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list or are interested in private lessons, please click the button below to fill out our interest form.
Come play with us!
- Intro Choir provides young singers with an opportunity to learn the basics of healthy singing and develop rehearsal skills through folk songs and singing games which can prepare them for singing in a larger group ensemble with confidence.
LYSO provides dedicated string students a first opportunity to rehearse and perform engaging orchestral music within an ensemble of motivated peers. (*Students who study with a private instructor and meet audition requirements are welcome to audition in grade 4).
- Symphonic Band students strive for a high level of musical performance in an environment driven by collaboration and camaraderie. It is an appropriate first step for students who wish to play in Wind Ensemble.
- Our honors band provides an environment for advanced woodwind, brass, and percussion players to experience masterpieces of wind literature and work toward a goal beyond the accepted norm.
- The Alums Choir boasts a beautiful family culture that demonstrates lifelong empowerment through singing. Those who sang with the Girl Choir program for any length of time are welcome, as are alums of all gender identities.
- Learn about another culture through its traditional, shimmering percussion music; no prior musical experience necessary.
- Classes nurture basic skills, strengthen the musical bond between child and caregiver, and build support for the future study of an instrument.
- Our music enrichment classes facilitate socialization and communication, motivate interaction, improve social skills, and—most importantly—provide students the opportunity to have fun through music.
100 West Water Street
Appleton, WI 54911
711 E. Boldt Way
Appleton, WI 54911
M-Th: 8:30–4:00 p.m.
F: as needed
M-F: 8:30–8:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday as needed
We collectively acknowledge that Lawrence University is situated on the ancestral homelands of the Menominee and Ho-Chunk people.