Lawrence Community Music School teachers have extensive training in pedagogy as well as performance experience. Approximately three-quarters of our teachers hold masters or doctoral degrees; two-thirds of our teachers have taught with us for more than 10 years. Guest teaching artists augment Community Music School instruction with master classes and recitals.
- Mary Van De Loo '89, Director
- Cheryl Boyle, Assistant Director
- Rachel Becker, Media and Communications Specialist
- Jaclyn Kottman Hittner '12, Artistic Director of Girl Choir Program
- Ann Kohlbeck Boeckman '79, M.A.
- Nell Buchman, M.Mus.
- Anna Reiser '11, M.Mus.
- Michael Rivers, M.Mus.
- Catherine Walby '97, M.Mus.
- Shuk-Ki Wong, D.Mus.A.
- Barbara Beechey, D.Mus.A., viola and violin
- Roza Borisova, D.Mus.A., cello
- Kin Chau, M.Mus., viola and violin
- Sean Faccio '11, B.Mus., guitar
- Nori Kalman, B.Mus., violin
- Justyna Lutow-Resch, M.Mus., violin
- Yuliya Smead, D.Mus.A., violin
- Susan Sullivan, B.Mus., string bass
- Kelley Carpenter '89, B.Mus., saxophone
- Jessica Jensen, D.Mus., trumpet
- Matt Kierzek '17, M. Mus., clarinet
- Susan Lawrence McCardell, M.Mus., bassoon
- Leslie Outland Michelic, oboe
- Keith Powell, M.Mus., horn
- Michael Ratsch '71, M.Mus., percussion
- Jenny Snedeker, M.Mus., flute
- Anne Witherell, Ph.D., low brass
- Caitlynn Acy '15, B.Mus., Symphonic Band
- Carrie Gruselle Gray, M.Mus.Ed., Chamber Ensembles
- Corrina Albright, B.Mus., Lawrence Youth String Orchestra (LYSO)
- I Dewa Ketut Alit Adnyana, Balinese Gamelan
- Mari Card, B.Mus., Allegretto Girl Choir
- Christina Conn, B.Mus.Ed., Con Vivo Girl Choir
- Bridget Duffy-Ulrich, M.Mus., Bel Canto Girl Choir
- Jaclyn Kottman Hittner '12, M.Mus., Arioso Girl Choir
- Sarah Phelps '07, B.Mus., Primo Girl Choir
- Marie Putman, B.Mus., Cantabile Girl Choir
- Michael Ross, M.Mus., Wind Ensemble
- Jane Ryder, B.Mus., Intro Girl Choir
- Toni Weijola '01, M.Mus., Capriccio Girl Choir
Lawrence Conservatory Faculty
Conservatory faculty teach a small number of highly accomplished students as their teaching schedule allows. Placement is by audition only.
Lawrence Student Teachers
Lawrence student teachers who have taken the required pedagogy coursework are able to teach through the Community Music School. Inquire about availability through our interest form.