Private Lesson Registration Process
- Assignment of students to teachers takes place in the Community Music School office; the teacher, registrar, and director are all part of the conversation. Parent and student requests are considered along with teaching and student learning styles. Registration of students implies a year-long commitment between teachers and students.
- As Lawrence Community Music School runs on a two-semester schedule, all students enrolling in the fall semester are automatically registered for the full school year and will be billed for the second semester in late fall.
- Students placed with student teachers or students who successfully audition with Conservatory faculty members are also billed by semester. Please note: There is limited availability for both student teachers and Conservatory faculty.
- Returning students will be sent materials in the spring to register for the following school year. A $50 non-refundable deposit per student due June 18 will be required to secure your spot for the 2021-22 school year. The deposit will be applied to tuition due and subtracted from the first bill.
- New students may register any time during the year; tuition is pro-rated when not beginning at the start of a semester. If no teacher is available, you will be placed on a waiting list and contacted when an opening occurs.
- If you are placed immediately, a deposit will be required before lessons begin.
Please fill out our interest form to begin the placement and registration process.