Registration in a Community Music School program indicates your understanding and acceptance of our guidelines. In addition to the guidelines, please click through the subjects below to read about Girl Choir-specific policies and required materials.
The 2020-21 Girl Choir handbook will be mailed to registered families and linked to the website. Please refer to the Girl Choir handbook for a comprehensive list of guidelines.
Registered families will receive an email with an invite link and instructions on how to join and use their ensemble's Google Classroom. Your choir’s teacher-conductor and the Community Music School program & marketing assistant will post resources, references, and announcements in the Classroom. Families are responsible for checking their email and Classroom for up-to-date choir information. Older singers are responsible for checking their Classroom for weekly homework assignments; your teacher-conductor will communicate their expectations regarding homework at the first rehearsal.
Click here to view general Classroom instructions.
Cell phones, iPods, electronic readers, and other electronic devices are strictly prohibited during ensemble rehearsals and backstage during concerts. If a family emergency takes place during a rehearsal or concert, please contact the ensemble manager.
- A red dress is provided by the Community Music School. Dresses are Community Music School property and must be returned washed and in good condition at the end of the season. Please do not alter the dress without permission from the Community Music School. There will be a fee assessed for the cost to repair or replace a damaged uniform.
- Each Allegretto singer will need to provide their own white tights and black closed-toed, flat-heeled dress shoes.
- Singers should not wear jewelry on performance days. This includes necklaces, bracelets, watches, or earrings that extend below the lobe (post-style earrings are acceptable.) Singers who arrive wearing jewelry will be asked to remove it; the Girl Choir program cannot be responsible for lost or misplaced items.
- Hair must be a natural color, or sprayed a natural color, for performance. Singers with longer hair should pull or pin hair back so that it does not obscure their face while on stage. Hair accessories should be small and the color of the hair.
- Allegretto singers must bring their red music folder (distributed at the first rehearsal) and two sharpened pencils to every rehearsal.
- Music is the property of the Community Music School. At the end of each semester, there will be a $3 fee assessed per each piece of lost or damaged music.
- Singers new to the program will receive a tote bag that becomes theirs.
- Additional or replacement bags can be purchased through the Community Music School office for the price of $10 plus tax.