Registration in an Community Music School program indicates your understanding and acceptance of our guidelines. In addition to the guidelines, please click through the subjects below to read about Girl Choir-specific policies and required materials.
The 2020-21 Girl Choir handbook will be mailed to registered families and linked to the website. Please refer to the Girl Choir handbook for a comprehensive list of guidelines.
Cell phones, iPods, electronic readers, and other electronic devices are strictly prohibited during ensemble rehearsals and backstage during concerts. If a family emergency takes place during a rehearsal or concert, please contact the ensemble manager.
- A red jumper is provided by the Community Music School. Jumpers are Community Music School property and must be returned washed and in good condition at the end of the season. Please do not alter the jumper without permission from the Community Music School. There will be a fee assessment for the cost to repair or replace a damaged uniform.
- Each Primo singer will need to provide their own white, long-sleeved, Peter Pan collared blouse (click here for a list of businesses that sell them), white tights, and black closed toed, flat-heeled dress shoes.
- Singers should not wear jewelry on performance days. This includes necklaces, bracelets, watches, or earrings that extend below the lobe (post-style earrings are acceptable.) Singers who arrive wearing jewelry will be asked to remove it; the Girl Choir program cannot be responsible for lost or misplaced items.
- Hair must be a natural color, or sprayed a natural color, for performance. Singers with longer hair should pull or pin hair back so that it does not obscure their face while on stage. Hair accessories should be small and the color of the hair.
- Primo singers must bring their red music folder (distributed at the first rehearsal) and a sharpened pencil to every rehearsal.
- Music is the property of the Community Music School. At the end of each semester, there will be a $3 fee assessed per each piece of lost or damaged music.
- Singers new to the program will receive a tote bag that becomes theirs.
- Additional or replacement bags can be purchased through the Community Music School office at the cost of $10 plus tax.